GUE Instructor resumé
- El Centro Investigador del Sistema Acuífero de Quintana Roo (CINDAQ) A.C., 2000-present, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico, Founder and Director
- Texas State University, The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment 2012- 2016, San Marcos, Texas, Research Scientist and Diving Safety Officer
- University of New Hampshire 2009-2012, Durham, New Hampshire Teaching Assistant/Lab Instructor, 2010-2012
- M.S. in Natural Resources with a specialization in geospatial science, The University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire, May 2012 Thesis: “Using Landsat 5 TM Data to Identify and Map Areas of Mangrove in Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico”
- B.A. in International Studies (Minor: History) The University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, March 1991
- GUE Tech 2
- GUE Cave 2
- GUE Cave Survey
- PADI Master SCUBA Diver Trainer
- PADI EFR Instructor
- PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor
- Nautical Archeology Society Level One
- Lake Champlain Maritime Museum Archaeology Field School 2012
- Over 3,000 dives (1,500 in the overhead cave environment)
- I was certified open water in 1985, I became a diving instructor and was certified as a cave diver in 1994. I live full time in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula where I teach and dive. I am still active in exploration, conservation and education issues in Mexico.
- Founding Member of Grupo de Exploración Ox Bel Ha
- Mexico Cave Exploration Project Core Member
- Hoyo Negro Project Team Diver
- Veterans Issues/PTS/Therapeutic Adventure
- Remote Sensing of the Environment
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Mobile GIS
- Public Safety Diving
- Underwater Survey
- Scientific Diving
- Underwater Film Projects (BBC Natural History Unit, National Geographic Television, PBS/NOVA, CNN International, NHK).
- Conservation of Mexican Caves
- Education about Mexican Caves
- Fellow of the Explorers Club of New York since 2000
- Collins, S. V., Reinhardt, E. G., Werner, C. L., Le Maillot, C., Devos, F., & Meacham, S. S. (2015). Regional response of the coastal aquifer to Hurricane Ingrid and sedimentation flux in the Yax Chen cave system (Ox Bel Ha) Yucatan, Mexico. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 438, 226-238.
- Rotenberg, J. A., Marlin, J., Meacham, S., & Tolfree, S (2009). An integrated community-based harpy eagle and avian conservation program for the Maya Mountains Massif, Belize. In Proceedings of the Fourth International Partners in Flight Conference (pp. 493-507). Vancouver, BC, USA: Tundra to Tropics.
- Meacham S., F. Devos, C. Le Maillot, D. Riordan, 2008-2009, Ox Bel Ha Water Protection Project, Sian Ka’an 2008-2009, Final Report presented to The Nature Conservancy, The National Geographic Society and The Waitt Foundation.
- Meacham, S.. Holliday L., L. Marin, and H. Vaux, Editors, 2007, Sustainable Management of Groundwater in Mexico: Proceedings of a Workshop (Series: Strengthening Science-Based Decision Making in Developing Countries), National Research Council, The National Academies Press: Freshwater Resources in the Yucatan Peninsula pp. 6-12.
- Meacham S., F. Devos, C. Le Maillot, D. Riordan, 2006-2007, Ox Bel Ha Water Protection Project, Sian Ka’an 2005-2006, Final Report presented to The Nature Conservancy
- Meacham, S., Jade Pearl Exploration Project, Ox Bel Ha, 2005, Association for Mexican Cave Studies Activities Newsletter, Number 28